. . . And so is the super moon, but my life is full. My life is flowing. And roiling and bubbling and churning and steaming and moving.
It has been far too long since I have shared my doings, thinkings, and feelings--there is still no time to catch you up--so for now I will say this:
1) In the last year I have redefined and re-recognized the role of music and performance--and, mostly, performance of music--as my foremost path to happiness and peace and strength of body and soul. I have decided music and performing are now my top priorities and because of such, the last six months has seen me performing more and more and more and I wanna keep the ball rolling! Huzzah!
2) I live in a bus now. A short one. He told me his name is Hermes. (His full name is Hermes-the-Magic-Music-Magic-Time-Traveling-Machine)
3) I release my first studio-produced solo album this coming Tuesday. The album will, I think, be called "Uncle Kunkel's Skits & Pieces. . . A is for Astro. . ." Git it gittit on my bandcamp page come Tuesday xoxox
4) I am super grateful a bus roof over my head, all my neat new circus friends, and all my old magic from of music land and ethers inbetween, who seem to love me still even when I travel far away from them and am gone long times.
5) an excerpt from a fb post 'bout mio:
"Sometimes called Uncle Kunkel--first disciple of Magic Music Magic, and Medium of Multi-Personae--she writes songs with her voice--operatic folk fairytales; romantic narratives; pastoral psychedelic parlor pieces. Kunkel hears music on the daily, pouring out of the ether and her solar plexus, flowing from the ocean, the sidewalk, the pigeons, the fog, the grass, the trees, the weeds, the dogs n cats and the way you walk--her childhood influences of apple orchard fairies, sage-brush witches, catholic ritual, time-traveling ballerinas, cowboy clowns, river ghosts, myths, and musicals color her sound. She had a sinus surgery as a teenager which has made singing a difficult and painful process, but she has spent the latter half of her life learning she cannot escape the gods of Music and Magic, and has recently surrendered to her old loves--with newfound relationship and intuited understanding--to song and performance. She believes music is the best way mortals can translate the multi-vibration of all existence into a mortal experience of physical-emotional transformation, allowing, through mysterious sound divination, ourselves and each other to unify with all the waves, vibrations, and frequencies of all that outside of and throughout the self."
6) I did not vote for Trump. I donated to Standing Rock camp. The health of the earth should be our top priority--because even if all other problems cease: sexism, classism, consumerism , war, war, war, xenophobia, etc, etc.--which all these problems are related by the way--we would STILL be facing the demise of our species, because climate change is so real and happening so quickly that if we don't act to dramatically change how we live our lives. . . most of us will die off within the next couple hundred years.